Wednesday 28 October 2009

Dell Customer Service

So, a close friend of mines called earlier from work and asked me to call up Dell and enquire up about an order he'd placed. I accepted and thought it would take a few minutes - so wrong!

The 57'th person who I finally spoke to said this, and it was all I was wanting to hear - "your order will be delivered tomorrow". So, since i've wasted pretty much a whole day on this case - I will be writing to Dell, as follows:

Dell UK

The Boulevard

Cain Road, Dell Campus

Bracknell, Berkshire

RG12 1LF


Dear Sir/Madam,

I am writing in regards to my recent experiences with dealing with your firm. I must say, I now know exactly why Michael Dell is losing money with running this ‘lunatic of a firm’.

I placed an order for two netbooks a few weeks ago and upon not hearing a SINGLE word about where my order was - I decided to call your so called ‘customer service’ team. Little did I know that this would be a ‘scenario’ or a ‘mission’ in itself. I spoke to about 30 different people, transferred from department to department, one side of the planet to the other and yet no one could answer a simple query - “where the bloody hell is my order”.

More concerning is the fact that I wasn’t aware your company does not have a ‘customer relations’ department - or so thats what I was told by your ‘customer service’ agent who started to laugh (presumably having a laugh with his colleagues) and then cut me off. It’s no rocket science why people are buying less and less from Dell, and trust me - this is my last order with Dell. Last I checked on your financial situation - not doing too well in comparison to competitors. No surprise there.

I am terribly disgusted by your service - and your customer services team. I can not believe I have wasted a whole day being transferred from, lets be realistic here - ‘moron’ to ‘moron’.

This is absolutely pathetic that i’m even writing this letter considering i’ve never been this furious before. Absolute and utter nonsense. If I was given the option to run this firm, I would never take this job knowing how customers are dealt with and the amount of loyal customers who have already left, upon receiving 'excellent customer care' - end of sarcasm.





3 comments:

  1. This will get you nowhere. It is much better to kill them with politeness than bludgeon them with anger. I would agree that they were very rude and wasted your time, but this will just get deleted.

    ReplyDelete
  2. have to agree with anonymous.. this is not going to work. U have to be very polite but u can still let him have it :) i myself have very bad experience with dell thats why i use macs and iBM :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the feedback.

    To be honest, I could care less if they respond - although it would be class to see what they write back with lol.


    Again, with the frustration I went through today - I don't think I could be more specific :D

    ReplyDelete